Nutella With a Side of Exhaustion

I finallywas able to wakeup with a perfect amount of time to get ready for the day instead of being stressed from the moment my eyes opened. Instead of having a typical class, we were going on a “Blue Badge” walking tour. All throughout the city there were blue circles on different buildings that had some historical significance. We were going on a walking tour to see different parts of the city that were directly related to the London music history. Our tour guide threw in a bit of relevant American history as well. Although our tour guide was interesting and engaging, I was still feeling slightly sick and by the end of the second hour of walking I was exhausted. By the end of the tour I had walked over 7,000 steps and the more I walked, the less information I obtained. I’m not really one for tours. I would rather just read about the history and sites of a city and then go out and see them on my own.

After the tour left us off close to where we started, I stopped by a crepe stand that had been calling my name before the tour started. I ordered a banana and nutella crepe that I ate after speed walking the half mile back to the hotel. When I went into my pocket to put my change into my wallet I realized that even though the crepe was ten pounds and I handed the guy a ten, instead of giving me one five back, he gave me two, so I got my food for free!

On my walk home I tried to get tickets to go see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child through their “Friday Forty” deal where they would randomly release forty good seats for the following week at 1:00 PM  each Friday. Despite my hopefulness, I was not able to get tickets, which made the walk back to the hotel in the cold slightly worse.

Between the gray weather and me still feeling off I had little motivation to go out and explore even though I had a couple of things on my list. That being said, I knew I did not want to do nothing with my afternoon and evening, so I ended up purchasing a last-minute ticket to go see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime for that evening at 7:30 PM. After a forty minute nap I packed up my stuff and headed out to the Starbucks that was about a two-minute walk from the theater. I walked in and was instantly transported back to the typical New Jersey Starbucks the only differences being the addition of accents and a lack of Peter.

I ordered a chai latte and grabbed a chicken caesar salad (see! I AM eating vegetables!!) and then found a spot at a table. I wrote Boots and Books in the City as well as The World of West End: Kinky Boots, doing my best to stay updated on my blogging and making it a priority every day, especially if I want to keep this up for a month.

Once I finished writing and posting, I wistfully went online to check for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tickets and to my surprise… I FOUND THEM! I almost started crying from excitement right there in the middle of the theater. This excitement was short-lived, however, when I was not able to complete the transaction. I would get through all of the information, click “complete payment” and then have it be denied. I was beginning to stress out, but then my mom came to the rescue and said she would work on securing my seats while I went and enjoyed The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. 

I got to the theater and went to my seat, not really knowing what to expect from the show. Then it started. You’ll have to click over to my other blog post to hear my full thoughts, but let’s just say I went out and got the book today and told Peter I wouldn’t be opposed to him getting us tickets to see the show in Philadelphia this late February/early March.

After the show I headed back to the hotel, doing my best to avoid the already-drunk people who were lined up outside the pubs down the street. It was a short walk though and I made it back problem-free. When I got inside I showered and then tried to go to sleep early. That did not go as planned though as I spent hours tossing and turning in bed. It was partially stress over who knows what and partially excitement over my Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour the following morning. I was not too worried about not sleeping because I knew my excitement would carry me through the following morning and then Sunday I would be able to sleep in.


2 thoughts on “Nutella With a Side of Exhaustion

  1. […] My Nutella With a Side of Exhaustion post was incredibly vague about what I thought of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, but that was because it would be impossible to do such an incredibly unique and thought-provoking show justice in a post dedicated to everything I had done during my day. I am going to try my best not to ramble and express my thoughts in a somewhat cohesive manner, but honestly, no promises. […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s