Sick Days in the UK

Sadly the migraine from the night before continued into this morning. I knew I had my exam so I at least had to power through that. After some last minute studying during the last four presentations of the term it was time. The exam ended up going pretty well and at this point I was just happy that it was over with, I knew I would end up doing fine in the class (GPA boost here I come!!). After the exam I got back to my room and basically collapsed into bed. I laid down feeling miserable for about an hour and a half before changing into pajamas and continuing the misery.

I slept from around 1:00 PM straight through until 5:00 PM when I realized that I could now sit up and look at a screen without feeling like my head was going to explode- walking was a bit more difficult though. I mustered up the motivation to finish hand editing my essay and decided to finish putting the edits onto my typed copy in a couple hours.

I opted instead to watch a movie on Mattflix. After going through the latest additions I settled on La La Land starring Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. I had heard great things about the film (and the soundtrack!), so I was looking forward to experiencing it for myself. As someone who would much rather- and had a better attention span- for sitting down and reading a book opposed to watching a movie, I was enthralled by the film and was sad when it came to an end. During the movie I had also ordered a bowl of tomato soup, since I hadn’t eaten since breakfast. After the movie I knew it was time to get some work done.

I finished writing my essay and sent it to my mom to edit before sending it over to my professor. When she returned it to me later that night I pressed send, officially ending my winter courses in London. As exciting as this was, I was quickly reminded of how soon Spring courses would begin as I found a course syllabus waiting for me on Sakai.

The remainder of the night was spent making sure I had finished packing as much as possible, setting five trillion alarms to ensure I woke-up the next morning, and Face-Timing with my grandparents and then Peter.

As sad as I was to be leaving the City of Symphonies I knew more great adventures were in store for me when I arrived home.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s